Thursday, February 19, 2009

psychosis

It’s really hard to know what is going with some of these kids. My older son has been off the charts with his behavior lately. It’s not like he’s acting ‘badly’, he is just acting weird with that game he plays. He can’t sit still for longer than 10min; he is always in constant motion.
I talked to his doctor and she stated that it could be pre-psychosis.

Then I start to question the whole IQ thing. If a child is experiencing psychosis, how can he really take an IQ test?

His IQ before was 85, not very high, but it was higher then 68. It dropped as he got older, so I started to question what is really going on. Plus, what is worse, a low IQ or a kid with psychosis. To tell you the truth, I can’t answer that.

My temper has not been in check and I am usually quite patient with the boys, but with my older son doing things just to bother people (out of instinct) he is really getting on everyone’s nerves. He at this point appears not to be able to do a simple chore, because that would include him putting down those beanie babies. Anyway:


(WARNING: GROSS AHEAD)




Last night I decided to treat him like he was 5 yrs old. I went into the bathroom with him to brush his teeth, I laid out his PJ’s for him, and I hate to say this on here, but I might have to even sit with him if he’s doing number 2. Due to the fact that he can’t sit for long, he kind of just got up and still had poop in his butt that ended up on the floor.
My younger son doesn’t appear to be enjoying this either. He wants his friend for a sleepover, but with my older son acting like he is, we are not sure if this is a good thing at this time.

1 comment:

Torina said...

I have wondered the exact same thing about the IQ reliability when the child has mental illness issues and cannot be considered reliable. We also have similar poop issues. LOL. Only Tara would have just picked up the poop with her hands from the floor, dropped it in the toilet, smelled her hands quite a many times, then wiped them on the counter. Guess how I know this! :)