Tuesday, October 28, 2003

they have a bed

well, yesterday we got the call about 3pm that they had a bed, but we had to go to the emergency room to get him medically cleared. We waited for hours, i started to get a little demanding because i was nervous that this child was going to go so late.

well, late it was, we didnt get him till the program until 11pm at night. We did our intake while ourson watched tv. He was so scared and frightened and didnt want to stay, he wanted to come home. It killed me.

i put him in his bed with 2 other roomates (which he was so happy about) while they were sleeping. He seemed ok, the only thing that i kept thinking wasthat he was going to wake up to strangers in his room that he never met.

I felt like driving over this morning to make sure he was alright, i called him on the phone and he said he was fine. But i just wanted to be sure, i decided not too go, just in case he needed to settle in and i wasnt sure what to do so i decided not too until i talked to one of the counselors.

Im sitting here at work and my mind is going crazy just wanting to go. Plus, my job is giving me a surprise shower....lol. Better late then never, write?....lol

But i have to act surprised and I really dont know what imgoing to say. Im probably going to say everything is great and pretend to be so happy. I have no desire to go pretend at this show, my boss knows whats going on and one my co-workers who is also a freind of mine know, but no- one else, I figure the child has a write to his own privacy.

anyway, just venting again, and feeling awful. Even though we know its the best it sure doesnt feel write.

No comments: