Thursday, October 2, 2003

fear are real

My 7 yr old is definitly petrified, he has nightmares at 10pm and 3pm. His fears are real. As for the 5 yr old, he is totally manipulating...lol.

But his screaming drives me through the roof. But i do have good news. I talked to the day care and asked if they can not have him nap in the afternoon. They agreed, I told them that he needs 10hrs of sleep at night, which he can do, but with no nap.

It seems he has been napping at preschool and then wide awake when he gets home, so the last few nights have been pretty good, I still get the yelling, but at least its only taking him 1/2 hour to get to sleep vs 3 hours to get to sleep....lol.

as i put in my earlier posts about my 7 yr old, over the last week, he has been asking for "hug and KIss" vs "hug". He likes to kiss me on the cheek every morning. I cant believe it!!!

Im looking at progress not perfection...lol. Anyway, slowly but surely he seems to be adjusting, his tantrums have quieted down since the admission to the hospital, and even though he still gets angry and threatens me, he seems to pull him self together, and after he goes through what he gets through, he wants me to hold him for a little while.

anyway, i just thought id give an update on whats been going on with him. I think these meds are helping him, he seems to be doing much better. Again, progress, not perfection....lol

No comments: