Saturday, March 1, 2008

party is over

ok, so friday I get a call that the little one wasnt feeling well. He gets home and pukes everything that he tried to eat. (lovly isnt it?)

I had him lay down at 7pm and he fell asleep.

We woke up to a snow storm, the day of his party.

A few people called the night before, and now we were in charge of bringing 4 kids with us. 3 would meet us there. So to me, thats a party. 7 kids, my little one my older one.

one of the kids that we were suppose to bring, didnt show or call, so we waited and then we had to go. So my son was late to his own party....if you can believe that. But that is not what this post is about.

Which brings me to my next issue (and I got a load of 'em). One of the children that was dropped off with us, was clearly, to me anyway, a child that you wouldnt 'drop off'. He was OUT OF CONTROL. Now I'm fine with a kid with issues, Lord knows, I have had my share of parties where I was worried that my kid might go off, but I wouldnt just drop him off and NOT say a word.

He was a huge handful, and actually I almost had to restrain the child a few times because he kept running away to do whatever he wanted. Clearly the child had mental illness, but also very agressive.

I wasn't mad at the kid, but mad at the parent who just dropped him off and didnt say a word. I hate to say this, but he wasnt a 'drop off kid', he was a kid that the parent should of said "thanks for the invite, but would you mind if I stayed because if he gets over stimulated, he becomes out of control." Thats what I usually say. Or better yet, JUST STAY!.

I had no idea what was wrong with him or how to handle him since his mom just took off without a word. I felt bad because we spent so much time trying to deal with this kid, that my son's birthday party was rushed so we can get this kid back to his mother. The 'party person' was a little uncomfortable around him, so she didnt say much either. To think I had to tip her when we had to do pretty much everything because everyone was nervous around this kid.

First thing I did when i got him in the car, was call his mom to pick him up. Guess who was 40 min late picking him up? I had to call her two times to find out where she was.

The bottom line is, my son had a good time, and its OVER. I think Next year, we will do things a little different. This was the first year that we let our son invite anyone who he wanted. Last time we do that...

No comments: