Saturday, March 22, 2008

is it me?

So were dying the Easter Eggs and I tell the boys that they have to go to bed early tonight so the Easter Bunny will come. (oh dear God, please have them go to bed early..)

My older son, who believes in the tooth fairy still, says "yea, we have to go to bed early"

My younger son turns around and says "We know its you, your the one who hides the eggs"

Well, I know the gig is up. We barely made it through Christmas with my younger son blabbing.

My older son was real good due to Santa coming and we all know what Santa leaves for little boys that make bad choices... Plus, he lives in his own world, that I dont think it even registered with him what my younger son was saying about no such thing about Santa.

But this is about the Bunny.

So then I quickly look at my older son to see his expression on his face, and have him freak out that the Easter Bunny is not coming since there is no such thing. That is where my older son would automatically go. Welcome to the meltdown.

But instead, it seems he didnt even hear him, because he didnt say anything, then with a smile on his face, he says "Yea, we know it's you, I always see the Easter Eggs in your closet " (no, not boiled eggs, those plastic ones..)

Ok, so does this mean he knows there isnt a tooth fairy? I mean, he just lost a tooth 3 days ago and talked about the tooth fairy, just as much as he has been talking about the Easter Bunny. He is 12 and we knew we would have to tell him, but we figured sooner or later, he would figure it out. But we started to worry, after all, he is 12!!!!!!!

oh, by the way, they are NOT crushed and I havnt scarred them for life, unlike other parents that I have talked to that think by 'pretending' there is a n Easter Bunny, or even a Santa Claus that they would be traumatized for life and learn never to trust us.

God only knows what your parents did to you, to make you so traumatised about Santa Claus. I can see if it was a clown, I mean, who isn't afraid of a clown.

where am I going with this...oh yea, the Easter Bunny. How quickly I get off track.

So, after we are all done, my younger son turns to me and says "should we get the carrots"

I say "for what?"

and he says "for the Easter Bunny, in case his hungry"....oh I give up.

No comments: