Sunday, February 17, 2008

more mosiacs

On to those mosicas again in Sunday School. What a nightmare. The kids got so dirty and sticky from all the grout. It seemed much easier when it was just my kids and myself. But to teach a bunch of kids, well, it got kinda messy.

The boys in the class of course were just having a ball. I dont mean that in a positive way. They were running up and down the halls with grout all over the hands threatening to smear on it people.

The girls of the class, did a great job. They finished their projects and couldnt wait to clean their hands....

But now I am stuck doing the rest by myself and cleaning up the kids projects because it was such a mess. It will take me a few days scrapping the grout off of each one because you cant even see the glass pieces they used so much grout...lol

Remind me never to fill in for the teacher again. I'm sure the parents weren't to keen on trying to get the glue and grout off their kids fingers....lol.

Reminds me when I was doing ceramics in school. I was working on the pottery wheel and I was making a porcelain bowl. Well, I wasnt very good at it, and I always took the last wheel in the corner, figurinng it was safe there and I could just blend in. So there I was, in the corner, with the coat rack.

Well, I was spinning away madly with my porcelain and then my friend next to me said "uh, John, look at the coats"....you see, alot of artists like black coats. And well, porcelain is white.

I looked up, and all over those dark coats, were splatters of white porcelain clay.

So I slowly got my coat and headed out the door and didnt say a word.

Now, if any of them are reading this, I'm sure they are cursing me right now.

But it was my last week at Sunday School, the teacher comes back next week and I'm better at just 'helping out'...

No comments: